bŏdze’s Ultimate Mommy Makeover Checklist + Patient Preparation Guide
THE ULTIMATE MOMMY MAKEOVER PREPERATION GUIDE
What’s a Mommy Makeover? A mommy makeover is a term used to describe a combination of cosmetic surgical procedures designed to address the physical changes that many women experience after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can lead to various changes in a woman’s body, including changes in the breasts and abdomen. A mommy makeover typically includes procedures such as:
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure involves using breast implants to increase the size and fullness of the breasts, often addressing the loss of breast volume that can occur after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift, or mastopexy, is done to lift and reshape the breasts, particularly if they have become saggy or lost their youthful contour.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty): A tummy tuck is performed to remove excess abdominal skin and fat, as well as to tighten the abdominal muscles. This procedure can help restore a flatter and more toned abdomen.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can be used to remove stubborn pockets of fat in various areas of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, or flanks. It is often included in a mommy makeover to help contour the body.
The specific procedures included in a mommy makeover can be customized to address an individual’s unique needs and concerns. Not every woman will require all of these procedures, and the combination of surgeries is determined based on a patient’s goals, body type, and the recommendations of a board-certified plastic surgeon. The ultimate aim of a mommy makeover is to help women regain their pre-pregnancy physique and boost their self-confidence.
How should I prepare:
Here at bŏdze, we have curated two very thoughtful, thorough checklists for our patients. The first list is titled, “standard Mommy Makeover checklist” and we ask all of our patients to have the items on this list. We would consider these necessary items to have at home while recovering from your Mommy makeover procedure.
The second list we’ve included, titled, “Luxe List” includes all of the additional items that we feel will enhance your recovery and add comfort to your home and work healing experience.
We recommend printing this list out making sure you take your time preparing for your upcoming procedure. The care you take of yourself post-operatively will directly impact your mind, body, and final result. This may be a sensitive time for some patients- we always encourage you to: ask questions, have a good support system in place, and always be open and honest with your provider.
All of the items on our checklist should be discussed with your surgeon before using; this list is a generic list
- Hibiclens antiseptic skin cleanser
- Triple antibiotic ointment
- Extra strength Tylenol
- Oversized, comfortable clothes for recovery
- Medical grade Compression garment
- Non-scented body wipes
- Extra pillows
- Prescription medications
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Lots of water
- Vitamin C
- Small bottle of peroxide and betadine for cleaning belly button
- Movies, books, games, and puzzles; stay occupied and rest
- Spanks or tank top with light compression to wear underneath your binder for added comfort
- Liposuction foam pads
- Additional faja(s) or medical grade undergarment(s)
- Custom Silagen scar improvement products; to be determined by your surgeon
- Ice pack
- heating pad
- stool softeners
- Vitamn C
- Arnical tablets with bromelain
- Melatonin gummies
Don’t forget to schedule:
Aftercare treatments; if applicable
IV therapy treatment(s)
Your post operative visits with your surgeon