Everything you need to know about PDO threads and if it is the right procedure for you:
PDO threads, short for Polydioxanone threads, are a type of medical aesthetic treatment used to lift and tighten sagging skin, reduce wrinkles, and improve the overall appearance of the skin. These threads are made from a biocompatible material called polydioxanone, which has been used in medical sutures for many years.
PDO thread treatments are minimally invasive and are often referred to as “thread lifts.” During the procedure, fine threads are inserted into the skin using a thin needle or cannula. These threads have small barbs or cogs along their length that help to anchor the skin and stimulate collagen production. As the threads are inserted and gently tightened, they create a lifting and tightening effect, improving the contours of the treated area.
What kind of PDO threads are available?
There are two main types of PDO threads offered here at bŏdze:
- Smooth Threads: These threads are primarily used for stimulating collagen production. They are inserted into the skin without any barbs or cogs and work by promoting the body’s natural healing response, leading to improved skin texture and elasticity over time.
- Barbed Threads: These threads have tiny barbs or cogs that allow them to be anchored beneath the skin. They provide more significant lifting effects by physically repositioning the skin and underlying tissue. Barbed threads are often used to lift areas with moderate sagging, such as the cheeks, jowls, and neck.
Who would benefit from a PDO thread lift?
PDO thread treatments are commonly used to address concerns such as:
- Sagging cheeks and jowls
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- Marionette lines (lines that run from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Brow and forehead sagging
- Neck wrinkles and sagging
What are some of the benefits of a PDO thread lift?
Benefits of PDO thread treatments include:
- Minimally invasive: PDO thread treatments are less invasive than traditional surgical facelifts.
- Quick procedure: The procedure can often be completed within an hour.
- Minimal downtime: Patients typically experience minimal downtime and can resume normal activities relatively quickly.
- Collagen stimulation: PDO threads promote the production of collagen, which further improves the skin’s appearance over time.
- Natural-looking results: The gradual tightening and lifting effect provided by PDO threads can result in natural-looking improvements.
What else should I know about a PDO thread lift?
It’s important to note that PDO thread treatments should be performed by trained and qualified medical professionals, as the procedure requires skill and expertise. Results can vary depending on individual factors such as age, skin condition, and treatment area. As with any medical procedure, potential risks and complications should be discussed with a healthcare provider before undergoing PDO thread treatment.
If you’re interested in being placed on our exclusive blog invitation list, please fill out the form below.